This good sized rear garden in Worthing was dated and damp with a huge paved area. The client wanted to update the style of the garden and make it more useable for their young family, with plenty of built in seating, a trampoline area and a decking area at the rear.
What we did
- We repaved the large utility area with 900×600 sandstone slabs, constructed a modern style timber pergola to transition the two areas.
- The old stone raised borders were replaced with sleepers with built in planters for new and existing trees and shrubs.
- The raised borders were built at seating height and doubled as benches.
- Two bespoke benches were built under the pergola and in the north raised border.
- A trampoline area was created with sleepers with the possibility to convert to a Japanese style zen border when the kids grow up.
- A decking pathway leads down the garden to the new decked terrace which catches the morning sun. The new decking had built in benches with inside storage.
- Horizontal trellis panels atop the garden walls to provide privacy and a modern look.
We like to use the best materials available to us while ensuring materials are locally sourced, ethical and sustainable where possible.